Lab Includes a Fully Loaded Computer, 19"
LCD Display & Color Inkjet Printer
Introduce students to the hardware that makes up a personal computer by disassembling
and assembling one. Students will be able to do basic repairs, upgrade and exchange
components. The high powered, high storage, open architecture Computer (assembled)
can do real graphics, CAD and multimedia functions.
This Modular Lab Includes:
- Fully Loaded Computer with 19" LCD Display, Keyboard, Mouse,
Hard Drive, DVD Burner/Player,
Windows, Stereo Speakers, Software Bundle, Backup Utilities
- Color Inkjet Printer
- Printer Cable
- Computer Repair Tool Kit
- Computer Cleaning Kit
- Related Books including an A+ Certification Book
-  Blank IBM Disks
- Instruction Module
- Workstation Sign
- PC Set Up and Test: Interconnecting the main units, applying
power and booting up, initial software tests, verification of operation.
- PC Disassembly and Identification of Major Components:
Disconnecting the major components, opening the cabinet, identification of
the main components; removal of cables, plug-in cards, disk drives, motherboard,
power supply; review of motherboard, hard drives, power supply.
- PC Re-Assembly: Reinstallation of power supply, motherboard,
disk drives, cables/plug-in cards, cabinet; reconnecting peripherals; testing.
- PC Configuration with CMOS set-up
- Windows Tutorial
- Basic Troubleshooting: RAM, video, power supply.
- Upgrading a Computer: RAM (SIMMs & DIMMs), hard drive,
audio card, CD-ROM drive.
- Printer Installation, Testing & Servicing
- Modem Installation and Testing
- Use of Online Services and the Internet (internet access