Coupled with a renewed commitment to space exploration and the success of hydroponic agriculture in arid climates, it's no wonder that this technology has sparked renewed interest.
In this module, your students will explore new developments in hydroponics technology. The students will design and build their own hydroponic growing system as well as maintain a classroom hydroponic production unit.
Learning Activities Include:
- Describing the factors that influence plant growth
- Comparing and contrasting traditional growing methods with hydroponics growing methods
- Explaining the advantages of controlled environment agriculture
- Explaining and applying the fundamental concepts of hydroponic growing
- Describing applications for hydroponic growing
- Designing and building a hydroponic growing unit
Module contents include: Classroom Hydroponics System, Timer, Grow Light Fixture, Rockwool Growing Medium, and  Hydroponic Mini Greenhouses.
Level: ELM, MS, HS.