Challenge your students to design and construct a board game. Students begin by sketching and describing their game (the rules, how many can play, why it would be fun, etc.). Students can continue to design the game mechanically or use their desktop publishing software and computer.
Next, students use the products below and materials to build a prototype. Students evaluate the game by playing it. With feedback from participants, students should make any adjustments needed to make the game a success. To take the activity further, students can rank the games and choose the best game to try and market. Grades 2-12.
KELVIN© TIP: Draw and decorate the Game Box /Board with markers or, use a computer to design & printout more professional designs and paste them onto the Game Box/Board.
This class pack contains:
- 120 Assorted Dice (20 ea. of 4-, 6-, 8-, 10-, 12- and 20-sided)
- 500 Large Pawns
- 500 Novelty Pawns (100 ea. of Rocket, Airplane, Horse & Rider, House and Hotel)
- 100 Scoring Pencils
- 10 pkgs. of Paper Money
- 20 Sand Timers (10 ea. of 10-second and 30-second)
- 35 sheets of 24"x36" Chipboard for constructing the game boards
- 20 Cardboard Boxes for game storage
- 50 sheets of DesignGrid Paper.