Plastic has revolutionized how things are made; making items more affordable and easier to produce. From products like chairs to nylon fabric to plates; plastic is an indispensable part of modern life.
With this lab, students will not only learn about the types of plastics but also how to process plastics and manufacture plastic products using injection molding, vacuum forming and acrylic shaping techniques.
This start-up package includes an injection molder, vacuum former, and acrylic
strip heater. Hands-on activities include creating signs, molds, and novelty
- Vacuum Former
- Vacuum Forming Starter Kit
- Vacuum Forming Molds Kit
- Acrylic Strip Heater
- Injection Molder
- Injection Molds: Checker, Golf Tee, Poker Chip Screwdriver Handle, Dragster Wheel
Video / Books
- Introduction to Plastics Video
- Working with Acrylics Book
- PolyResin Crystals in Blue, Red, Green and Yellow
- Acrylic Sheets in Blue, Red, Green and Yellow
- Polyethelyne, Low Density
- Polyethelyne Color Pigment
- Edge Scraper
- Screwdriver Blades, Slotted
- Screwdriver Blades, Phillips
- Plexite Cement
- KELVIN© Lesson Guide
- KELVIN© Workstation Sign
Recommended for Grades 7-12. No Computer Required.