BULK PACK PRICE as low as $17.95 per student!
This version of the NASA Mars Rover is steerable! Steers with remote controller—right, left, forward, and backward. This project gets students thinking about exploring distant planets without being there. How could we communicate with a robot so far away and have it complete important tasks to determine if life could be sustained there?
In addition to touching upon the science behind space exploration, students will learn about electronics, robotic control, problem-solving and teamwork. Requires a 'AA' battery (sold separately).
Bulk pack includes enough of the following for 10 students:
- Multiblocks, Green
- Clip Connector, Blue
- Slit Rods, Blue, 3.14" (80 mm) L
- Slit Rods, Blue, 3.93" (100 mm) L
- Snap-Off Rods, Gray, 6.29" (160 mm) Long
- Snap-Off Rods, Blue, 3.93" (100 mm) Long
- Tube, Gray, 7.87" (200 mm) Long
- Tubes, Blue, 7.87" (200 mm) L
- Bendy Tubes, Orange
- Wheels, 1.10" (28 mm) Dia.
- Wheels, 1.57" (40 mm) Dia.
- Gears, 0.79" (20 mm) Dia.
- Manual Controller with 39.36" (1 M) Ribbon Cable
- Electric Motors, 4.5 V DC
- Washers, 0.16" (4 mm) Dia.
- Collars, Gray
- Collars, Blue
- Rubber Bands, 1.57" (40 mm) Long
- Rubber Bands, 2.36" (60 mm) Long
- Cardstock Sheet for Top
- Piece of Sand Paper